Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Goals

Happy New Year!! Hope everyone had a great time ringing in the new year. We had a fun night with four other couples celebrating with good champagne and Cards Against Humanity and a little headache for someone yesterday. Over the past few weeks I have been thinking about my personal goals for 2014 and making sure that my goals were reasonable and achievable. I feel pretty good about my list for this year!

//1// Live in the moment. This is something I've been working on a lot recently and I hope to continue to make strides in this area throughout 2014. I'm ready to shed feeling guilty about things in the past, worrying about the future, and feeling happy and peaceful in the present moment.

//2// Read 20 books. I know this is very specific and it was actually a goal I had for 2013. I read 18 books last year. With no wedding to plan and a couple of trips in our future this year, this seems do-able. I even stopped by a local bookstore to pick up two new books to help me with this goal.

//3// Continue to improve my health. Each year, like most people, I have the cliche "work out more, each better, drink more water, etc." resolution that usually revolves around wanting to lose XX number of pounds. Instead of focusing on a specific goal weight or weight loss number, this year I am focused on just being healthy. I'm going to continue to increase my strength with my trainer, run another 5K and hopefully a 10K, and make better decisions about what I digest through cooking more.

//4// Watch some of those movies I always said I would. I have a small (yet growing) list of movies I've never seen but feel like I should have or have wanted to for a long time. For example, the Lord of the Rings trilogy. People are always shocked when I say I've never seen it. P and I watched the first one last night. I have a feeling I'll be able to check the trilogy off well into the new year. Others on the list include the Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Godfather, Casablanca, Breakfast at Tiffanys, and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

//5// Travel and explore. While we have some planned trips already for this year (San Francisco - work for P, pleasure for me, Charleston/Kiawah Island, Outer Banks, Europe), I want to take advantage of living in DC and really explore what the the city and surrounding areas have to offer. There are plenty of museums we have yet to walk through and infinite day trips we could take to Virginia, Maryland, and West Virginia. I hope to have a couple of free weekends to take advantage of these.

In honor of our Calvin :)

Here's to a great 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS