Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Proposal

Without further ado, here is our engagement story....

The Wednesday before Christmas I had been running around picking up dry cleaning and buying toiletries before heading to Ohio to spend the holidays with P's family. When I got home I suggested we get an early dinner so we could focus on laundry and packing later, but P said he wanted to wait an hour. So I started sorting the laundry, pulling out the luggage, and gathering things for the trip. During this time a package had been delivered that P quickly hid in our office area. Anytime I went into that area he would follow me in there and at one point he was being so weird that I told him I wouldn't snoop for the package and I could wait to be surprised in a few days (assuming it was a Christmas gift at this time).

I remember P giving me a hug and telling me he loved me just before saying that he and Calvin had something they wanted to show me on the back patio. I was confused because it had been raining all day and could not think of anything that he would need to possibly show me out there in December. As soon as we stepped outside he quickly turned on lights and I immediately knew what was happening. He had used Christmas lights to spell out "Marry Me?" on the back wall of our patio. Just as I was processing this and the tears started streaming, P started playing Bright Eyes, "First Day of My Life" on his iPhone. The sequence after this gets fuzzy but I clearly remember him down on his knee holding out the ring box - an image I don't think I'll ever forget. He said some incredibly sweet things (that I had to have him repeat later so I could always remember them) before putting the ring on my finger. I could not stop smiling and crying. After the ring was secured on my left hand he gave me a box of long stemmed roses (the mystery package that had arrived)!

The Proposal - I give him a lot of credit for trying to hang lights on
wet bricks with tape and only having Calvin's eyes for help!

My BEAUTIFUL ring !

After going back inside and taking some time to ourselves, P surprised me again with reservations at our favorite Indian restaurant, Bombay Club. We had a wonderful dinner and it felt so special to be the only ones at the time (besides my dad) who knew the exciting news. After dinner we called our immediate family and a few friends to share the news.

The proposal was so romantic and perfectly captured our relationship. And of course it was so special to have Calvin be a part of it too. I know I've said it before on here, but I really feel so lucky and blessed to get to marry my best friend. P has made me so incredibly happy the past seven years and I'm looking forward to many more years of laughter and love as Mrs. P!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this sounds perfect! I love a good story!

    Happy to be your newest follower :)

    Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS