Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Summer Reads







With summer coming to an end (how did that happen already?!), I thought I would share some of my favorite reads.

1. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
When I read Liane's book, The Husband's Secret, earlier this year I could not put it down and Big Little Lies was no different. It mixes everyday life stories with a "who done it" plot and a bit of twist....throughout the book the reader knows someone had died but it isn't until the end that you know who died, why, and who did it.

2. Friendship by Emily Gould
If you like the TV show Girls, then you will definitely love this book. It follows two friends who turned 30 and are forced to face adulthood and how it will impact their friendship.


3. All the Summer Girls by Meg Donohue
I downloaded this big onto my Kindle after it was recommended by our cousin. It's an easy read (perfect for the  beach) about three childhood friends who end up at the beach where they used to spend their summers as kids. They are all at different places in their adult lives but being at the beach brings up secrets from one fateful night at the beach that impacted all of their lives.


4. Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle
Melanie Shankle is the blogger turned author who wrote this funny and honest compilation of stories about the real joys and challenges of marriage. I was laughing and nodding in agreement while reading this book.


5. Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews
I have always thought that Mary Kay Andrews writes the best books for reading on the beach and this one did not disappoint. This one is set in Savannah, GA and follows a florist who is preparing for a wedding that will help launch her career. Of course she has a few hiccups along the way and has to come to terms with her own feelings on love while helping the bride.




Next on my list is The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer. What have you been reading lately?

3 comments:

  1. Accounting text books and The American Scholar ;) but you already knew that. I have actually read The American Scholar 5 times now and actually kind of like it. I can't wait to read some of those books that you talked about though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start Big Little Lies soon. After I read The Husband's Secret, I put all of her books on my reading list. I'm halfway done with The Hypnotist's Love Story and then I have Big Little Lies left. Before that, I read Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.

    Friendship & All The Summer Girls are book on my reading list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a few of these! I did read The Interestings - I liked it, but found it hard to get in to at the beginning. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS