Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Scrapbooking

One of the first blogs I ever read was about scrapbooking tips and designs. I first began scrapbooking in high school when a friend and I agreed to make and exchange scrapbooks as graduation gifts. I didn't scrapbook again for almost three years when I made one for P after we had been dating for a year. Once I graduated from Penn State I made a scrapbook capturing my fours years there. In my first year post-Penn State I also made a scrapbook for Calvin, my little sister's high school graduation and of me and P's vacation to Europe.


From Penn State scrapbook
From the scrapbook I made P in 2005


Example from Calvin's scrapbook, September 2007


Once grad school began, the scrapping took a permanent back seat. When I did find time to scrapbook it was to make gifts for bridal showers and a baby shower. These were less traditional in that they were smaller and made in a way that shower guests could write advice for the mom or bride to be or most recently, as a way to hold recipe cards for the bride-to-be.


Cover of bridal shower scrapbook made with paper from wedding invitation
Last page of scrapbook
Another shot of the scrapbook with more wedding invitation incorporated

Now that school is done, I'm ready to pick up my hobby with a vengeance. I have lots of scrapping to catch up on including a trip to London, two trips to San Diego and a short-term study abroad to Paris. I'm also on the hook to make a wedding scrapbook for my good friend Allison, which I'm so excited to start! Our apartment is not always conducive for scrapbooking (I usually spread out over the dining room for a few days), but fortunately P is very supportive. 

Reading blogs is a great way to get ideas for scrapbook layouts or easy projects. I hope to use this blog as a way to share my scrapbooking and projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS