Tuesday, January 24, 2012

On the Mend

Well I survived my arthroscopic knee surgery this morning without any major issues. The hardest part may have been waking up at 4:45am and waiting for the procedure to start. Fortunately I have not been in a lot of pain and the doctor reported to P that everything looked great. I've been able to walk around (only when needed) pretty easily but things like going down the stairs and sitting are still painful. I'm glad I'm able to take it easy the rest of the week.

P has been amazing today, he's already got a hang of the "in sickness and health" part. He's made sure I've had the food, liquids, and pain medicines I need and is more than willing to do anything I need him too. Hopefully Calvin will be just as helpful tomorrow.

Thanks to the amazing care package from my awesome future sister-in-law I'm hooked up with plenty of advil, chocolate, and tv watching for the next few days. I've also loaded up the DVR with some of my trashy favorites that P hates and moved all of my scrapbooking supplies to the living room in case I get too bored. I'm sure I'll also keep myself busy with plenty of Pinterest searches and flipping through bridal magazines.

I have a follow-up appointment with my doctor on Thursday and I'm anxious to hear how long I have to wait until I can lace up my running shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS