Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Weekend Recap

I am back from a wonderful and relaxing trip to the beach! Aubrey's parents generously offered to let me and P stay in the beach house they rented last week. Since P just started at the law firm he wasn't able to take any time off but I didn't miss the chance to take a few more negative vacation hours, pack a bag, and hit the road!

I stayed at my dad and Sheila's on Wednesday night before heading to Corolla, NC on Thursday morning. The house was absolutely amazing and had gorgeous views of the beach. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it. There were seven bedrooms and seven and a half bathrooms so the ten of us slept very comfortably. Shortly after arriving on Thursday all of the ladies headed to the spa to celebrate Aubrey's godmother, Ruthie, 60th birthday. We sipped mimosas and enjoyed relaxing massages. We were all spoiled even more that night with a lobster tail dinner. On Friday I went on a much needed morning run on the beach before diving into a very big, but very delicious homemade breakfast. The rest of the day was spent lounging on the beach, playing with my adorable goddaughter, and puzzling with Aubrey's husband, Brent and Ruthie. We were excited to finish a 1000 piece puzzle in less than 24 hours. Fun fact about me: I LOVE puzzles! Anyways.....I am so grateful to Aubrey's parents for inviting me to the beach. They have such big hearts and truly made me feel like part of the family. In college Aubrey and I used to tell P that we wanted him to buy us a yacht. We have since deserted that dream and are now on a mission to convince Brent and P that we should all invest in a beach house in Corolla so that we could do this again every year!

Scene from my morning run

Lounging on the beach and getting a sunburn on my legs - ouch!

Cutest girl on the beach!

Auntie Em and Taylor

Saturday morning I drove back to Norfolk to spend more time with my dad, Sheila, and Amanda. We had lunch at the Yard House before dad dropped us girls off at the mall to dress shop for Sheila for the wedding. While the first few stores were duds, we lucked out at Nordstrom and found her a beautiful fuchsia dress to wear in April! Then we headed back to the house to watch Penn State football. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and watching Snow White and the Huntsman. I headed back to DC after breakfast on Sunday and enjoyed some quality time with P and Calvin.

Weekends like last weekend make me realize just how blessed I am to have such amazing and loving family and friends in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS