Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wedding Wednesday

With less than 70 days to go until April 13th (66 to be exact) we have been checking LOTS of things off of the ever growing to-do list.

This past Saturday we mailed our invitations! We went back and forth on when to send them. 12 weeks? 10 weeks? 8 weeks? We had read that any of these timeframes was appropriate. Ultimately we decided to send them 10 weeks before the wedding since we are inviting guests from all over the United States and Germany. By mailing them out 10 weeks in advance it gives everyone more than enough time to receive them, send back their reply cards, and make their travel arrangements. It's been fun getting so many sweet messages from friends and family this week as they've been checking their mailboxes!

Obligatory picture of us before going into the post office
In addition to sending out the invitations last weekend we also finalized the groomsmen attire and met with the music director at our church. She was AH-mazing and really helped guide us to pick beautiful, meaningful and holy songs for our wedding mass.

Yesterday my awsome MOB (mother-of-the-bride) came down to DC for lunch and a trip to the florist. She helped pull together her and P's mom's ideas (which were identical) with mine and P's vision. I cannot wait to see our flowers in two months! I took her to the bakery where we ordered our cake and we split a sampling of one of the flavors our guests will be enjoying. Yum!

Tonight is my hair and make-up trial. I had really hoped to do this the morning of my shower but in the end I'm glad it is today so that my hair and make-up will be a surprise to everyone. My sweet (future) sister-in-law has been working in the area this past week and will be joining me at the salon.

This weekend is my second dress fitting and P's parents are coming to town so we can have dinner at the rehearsal dinner location.  Next weekend is my bridal shower and bachelorette festivities. While me and my favorite ladies are taking over DC, P is headed to NYC with the guys for his bachelor weekend!

We are getting SOO close to April! I'm ready to walk down that aisle and say I Do!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ke Lo LO,

    I loved reading your blog. This was my last resort... I've been trying to contact you for months. B. Shower looked like lots of fun. I can't believe time has flown by. Now you're days from walking down the aisle. I'm so happy for you.

    B.A.C...

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS