Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wedding Wednesday

This week's wedding Wednesday installment is bittersweet.

My beloved grandfather passed away on Friday afternoon. He had been sick for several months and while my family had lots of time to prepare it has been a tough couple of days. My grandfather was such a charming man who loved his family. I will always remember his great smile and sweet blue eyes. I know he is in a better place now, but I miss him so much.

Despite the sadness, the timing of our wedding - which is now ONE MONTH away - could not be better. It was so great to see family and be able to hear how excited everyone is for the big event next month.

The past thirteen months have been a whirlwind of excitement, anxiety, and planning. Now that we are in our last month before "I Do," I feel incredibly calm. We still have lots of little things to finalize, but I know they will all get done. And most importantly, I know that in one month I will be married to the person I'm going to spend the rest of my life with and really, that's all that matters.

1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS