Friday, March 14, 2014

Five on Friday

Jumping right in to my five today.....

1. Happy Pi Day! After work I'm heading to a Pi Day Happy Hour and made P's grandmother's derby pie recipe. It is always a crowd favorite!

2. Last night I finished reading the Paris Letters by Janice MacLeod. While it was a fun read and had me dreaming of Paris every night this week, it was also inspiring. I have no plans of selling off all of our things, quitting our jobs and traveling Europe for a year (although that would be amazing), but I do feel inspired by her simple living and taking the time to figure out what makes you happy.



3. I am going to start watching House of Cards this weekend. I have heard nothing but good things about the Netflix show and after seeing a small clip from one of the second season's first episodes I am more than intrigued. P already watched season 1 but is willing to rewatch with me so we can jump into season 2 together.

4. I have been loving these tops from Jcrew. I picked up two of them (in haven blue and flannel) during a recent sale before going to San Francisco and they are so soft and comfortable. They can be dressed up with a statement necklace or scarf for work or dressed down with jeans and flats on the weekend.

5. Mother nature is been pretty bipolar this week. We enjoyed two warm, beautiful days earlier this week and we even got to sit outside for dinner one night. Yesterday we were back down to the 30s and crazy wind. Tomorrow we're back up to the mid-60s and by Monday we'll be back to the 30s with a chance of snow. Crazy!


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS