Wednesday, July 29, 2015

#beblessedlovelies

One of the very first blogs I ever read was A Blonde Ambition by Leslie Sisti. I could not tell you how I stumbled upon her blog but it immediately became a favorite and for the past four years I enjoyed reading her advice on fashion, food, and life.

Even though I have been blogging since 2011 (not very consistently, I may add), I haven't been a frequent commenter on other blogs or entered into contests hosted by other bloggers. But in November 2011 I entered P's grandmother's pie recipe into a little contest Leslie was hosting for Thanksgiving and ended up winning a pretty pair of earrings. Every time I wear those earrings I am reminded about the connections the blogging community provides across the country and world.

Earlier this year Leslie shared with her readers that she was experiencing difficulties with a known congenital heart defect shortly after giving birth to her second daughter and spent several months in the hospital. She was released from the hospital this spring and seemed to be on an upswing. Unfortunately a few weeks ago she had some serious setbacks that were sending her to Cleveland Clinic (one of the best heart hospitals in the world) to explore surgical options and asking her readers for prayers. It broke my heart yesterday to learn that Leslie passed away on Monday. She was only 30 years old and left behind a devoted husband, two adorable daughters, and countless blog readers she has touched throughout the years.

Today I felt compelled to join other bloggers who will be remembering her today with #beblessedlovelies (as that's how Leslie always signed off her blog) and #rememberingleslie.

A fund has been set up for her daughters college education at http://www.gofundme.com/d53bgd5p8s 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS