Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DIY Holiday

One of the things that I love about the holidays is the number of DIY gifts and home decor that can be made. I thought I'd share a few of my favorites.

For the last three years I have handmade all of mine and P's Christmas cards. I use my scrapbooking supplies and holiday embellishments from Michaels or AC Moore (craft stores). I love doing this because none of the cards are ever the same and they differ so much each year. Here are a few examples from previous years:







Last year I picked up some plain, craft ornaments from Paper Source like these:


I coated each ornament with scrapbooking paper and Modge Podge to create these:

Ornament covered in seasonal paper

Used a blue & white vintage paper with Penn State ribbon

Homemade and personalized ornaments would  make a great gift. I liked the look of the decorated ornament so much that I cut off the string and put them in vase for a year round decoration on our entry table:
Ornaments in vase to the right

Close up of ornaments in vase
This year I’ve seen a lot of the homemade ornament wreaths on different blogs and Pinterest and am one trip to the craft store away from making one for our front door. They seem so easy to make, i.e. foam ring, glue gun, and round glass ornaments in your favorite colors. 

The supplies
LOVE the finished product

What’s your favorite DIY holiday project or craft?

PS: My super crafty, DIY-er cousin recently started a blog. Check her out here. Love ya girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS