Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My oh Pie!

Last weekend I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs, including this one. I don't remember exactly how I first came across Leslie's blog but I've been hooked ever since. She shares a lot of great fashion and beauty tips and has a fun style and personality. Last week she asked her readers for help with pie recipes for the Thanksgiving dinner she'll be hosting this year. I had successfully baked P's Grandma Elsie's Derby pie a few weeks ago and thought I'd pass it along to Leslie. Well thanks to a random number generator and a little bit of luck (she received over 80 recipes!), Leslie will be baking Grandma Elsie's pie this weekend. Her hubby and a few friends will choose the best pie which will be served next week and the winner gets a little prize. Even if the pie isn't chosen, I'm happy that others will be able to taste the deliciousness of this chocolate, bourbon-laced - yes, BOURBON - pie!

Want to taste it yourself? Here's the recipe, courtesy of Grandma Elsie:

Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
3/4 white caro syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp bourbon
9 inch pie shell

Directions
1. Cream butter and sugar gradually
2. Add beaten eggs, syrup, and vanilla
3. Add chocolate chips, nuts, and bourbon. Stir well
4. Pour into unbaked pie shell
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes
6. Let cook on rack
7. Rewarm to serve

*Disclaimer: I do not know the actual origin of this recipe, but it's the one Grandma Elsie has used to make pies for many holidays. There are lots of other derby pie variations available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS