Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday Traditions

Now that the holiday season has officially begun, I thought I'd share some of my favorite traditions with P and our families.

Since P and I moved in together 4.5 years ago, one of our favorite traditions has been to buy our Christmas tree a few days after Thanksgiving. Once we get it home, P strings the lights and I prep the ornaments. Then we order Thai food and hang ornaments until the food arrives. It's nice to enjoy our decorated tree together while eating yummy takeout. I always cherish this time we carve out before the holiday chaos and fun begins.

P and I officially started dating on December 17th, 2004. To celebrate we usually go to dinner and seek out a festive show or activity in the city. In the past we've gone to the National Christmas tree lighting, the Nutcracker, and the Christmas Carol. This year I'm looking forward to listening to the Washington Chorus at the Kennedy Center.

At the National Christmas Tree in DC
For the past few years, P and I have traditionally celebrated Christmas day in Ohio with his family. Then we usually see my mom, sisters, and my dad & Sheila over the two weeks following Christmas and the New Year. While it admittedly took some getting used to, I love our extended celebrations!

P and I at Stan Hywet in Ohio

What are your favorite holiday traditions?


1 comment:

  1. So, I just started my own Blog. Thought it would be a good way to share my creative life. Conveniently so, it's called My Life in Crafts. I just started it so it's nothing crazy yet but...check it out. Love yours and love you! PS Blog world - we're cousins so it is NOT inappropriate to spread my love via the world wide web.


    http://my-life-in-crafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS