Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Mash-Up

Today's post will be a mash-up of sorts....a little weekend recap, Christmas prep, and other general ramblings.

1. I had a FUN FUN FUN weekend with my sister Meredith in Salisbury, Maryland. We had a whirlwind weekend that included a holiday dinner with her coworkers, a marathon Christmas shopping trip, cookie baking, delicious Mexican food and a movie. It was so nice to finally see her place and have a weekend to hang out together!

2. Yesterday I got to spend some quality time with Allison and her new baby girl Evelyn. Ev is such a beautiful baby and I loved spending time holding her. I swear my friends have the sweetest, happiest babies.

3. Tonight I ate at Graffiato with our friend Jessie. YUM. It is Mike Isabella's, of Top Chef fame, Italian influenced restaurant. We split broccolini with feta and walnuts, citrus scallops, and a calamari pizza. So good.

4. P will be done with finals tomorrow! He has been non-stop studying the past week and I'm so excited for him to have some time off the next three and a half weeks before starting his last semester of law school!

5. I only have THREE more Christmas presents to buy. Now about that wrapping....

6. Winter is here in the District and it is cold. I'm not ready for the Ohio cold next weekend!

7. I had a serious case of the Mondays today - I couldn't find my keys, got to my car and realized I had forgotten my badge, and kept asking a coworker if diet cokes (which I desperately needed) cost $6.25 or $6.35.......from the vending machine....I obviously meant $1.25 or $1.35

8. There are only seven more working days lefts until we leave for Christmas in Ohio, I can't wait!

9. I have yet to figure out exactly which desserts to make for our Sweets and Spirits party this Friday. I may have to check out my friend Nicole's blog, Sweet Peony for some inspiration

10. My new all time favorite holiday candle is Yankee Candle's Christmas in Paris

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS