Monday, February 20, 2012

Cooking Up a Storm

One of my goals for 2012 was to spend more time planning and cooking to hopefully spend less on eating out. So far I think I've done a pretty good job. I've been averaging cooking about 3-4 meals a week, which after this time last year when both P and I were in grad school is pretty darn good. I try to plan out 4-5 meals before going grocery shopping and look for meals that use some of the same ingredients. I know for most people this is not earth shattering, but it's been a huge achievement in our house.

Another positive outcome of cooking at home more is that we eat healthier. We know what it is going into our meals and don't have to worry about hidden fat and calories. Part of the healthy cooking is in thanks to a website called SkinnyTaste (you can find it here). I first discovered this little gem from Pinterest and now I check it each week for new inspiration. So far I've cooked:

Baked Chicken Rollatini with Spinach all Parmigiana - this was so good and easy to make

Roasted Parmesan Green Beans - these were AMAZING! I can't wait to
roast more veggies and top them with a little parmesan cheese

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken - I turned the crock pot on at 645am on my way out the door and why the time I came home from work the apartment smelled so good and I could not wait to dig it in. I served it over cilantro-lime rice, so so good!

I can't wait to try some SkinnyTaste desserts soon. I highly recommend checking out the site, you (and your waistline) will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS