Tuesday, July 31, 2012

In the Kitchen

Having a bigger kitchen has inspired me to cook more. It's funny how much of a difference a little more counter space and cabinet room makes.

One of my favorite new recipes I've tried this summer is this Shrimp, Leek and Spinach Pasta recipe from Real Simple. I had never cooked with leeks before so I was little intimated. But they were easy to work with and added a nice buttery flavor to the dish. Instead of heavy cream I used a light cream in attempt to make it a little healthier. I think this would also be good topped with a little parmesan cheese. This was a nice pasta dish for the summer and I will definitely be making it again.

My other new favorite dish I haven't actually made, but I've eaten it thanks to my sister, Meredith. While visiting her recently we decided to create a few Pinterest recipes. One was a mozzarella, tomato, and pesto panini. These were SO GOOD and easy for her (haha) to make. You simply put all the ingredients between two pieces of bread and either cook it on a George Foreman (like she did) or on stovetop. We had ours with a side salad which made this a perfectly light summertime dinner. I can't wait to pick up the ingredient and make it for P this week!

This would also be yummy with grilled chicken

1 comment:

  1. I add spinach and a little bit of garlic to my panini's especailly that one. It's really good!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS