Friday, July 27, 2012

Picking Up the Ball

I really dropped the ball on this whole blogging thing. To my loyal readers (all five of you)....I am sorry. I really am going to make a valiant effort to keep this thing going.

Here's a brief update on some of the things that have been keeping me away from the blogosphere the past two months:

Wedding: there have been quite a few exciting updates on the wedding front. First we booked our honeymoon and will be spending one glorious, relaxing week in Jamaica! Special thanks to my dad and Sheila for making this trip possible.

Those chairs have our names on them!

My dress arrived this past week! I cannot wait to see it in person (the one I ordered was slightly different than what I tried on) and try it on again. I'm headed to Pennsylvania in September to see the dress and finalize bridesmaids dresses. My mom also found her dress and it is GORGEOUS! We just happened to pop into Nordstrom Rack and it was the exact color and style my mom was hoping for and the only one in her size - it was meant to be! Finally, we scheduled our engagement pictures for next month. I've been having fun brainstorming the perfect outfits to wear.

Speaking of weddings...P's sister, Elizabeth, got married a few weeks ago in Richmond, Virginia. The wedding was absolutely wonderful and the new Mr. & Mrs. Haladay were glowing all day.

The beautiful bride on her way to the church

P & I having fun at the reception


Bar Exam: P took the Virginia Bar Exam this past week. He was so focused and committed to studying the past two months; I just know it paid off. Next up for him? A new job! He'll be starting at an intellectual property law firm in DC after Labor Day. I'm so excited for him!

Florida: I went to Florida for a week in June for a conference. While I spent lots of time attending riveting presentations on cost estimating (I even gave one myself!), I squeezed in some time for fun at Universal Studios and Disney with Jenny!

Getting my conference on
Jenny and I survived Universal Studios during Tropical Storm Debbie which required ponchos and using a hand dryer on sneakers. We also danced with Minions!

Vacation: P and I are going on a road trip in August. We'll be driving to Canada to spend a few days in Montreal and Quebec and on the way home we'll spend two nights in Boston. We're both looking forward to getting away and exploring new cities together.

Taylor: In June I got to spend an afternoon with my bestie Aubrey and my cute goddaughter Taylor at the Baltimore Aquarium. It was a fun day catching up and showing Taylor all of the fishies!

Checking out the fish with mom

The aquarium is exhausting

This summer has really flown by. Looking forward to what August has in store!


2 comments:

  1. See all of the blogs you could have had!? thank you for the update :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Missed you.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS