Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Getting in Shape and Save the Dates

Happy Wedding Wednesday!

I'm feeling extra happy this morning because after a month long hiatus I finally made it back into the gym this morning and it felt great. I did a 30 minute cardio workout on the treadmill with lots of reminders that I needed to ease back into the routine. Not only did I have to take into consideration that my legs and lungs haven't been exercised in weeks, but also be aware of any aches associated with my wisdom teeth. I haven't had the easiest recovery since my teeth were exctracted almost three weeks ago which is why I dragged my feet about starting my work outs again. But I'm happy to report that I had no issues this morning and will be lacing up my sneakers on a regualar basis again. While I may have had dreams of significantly slimming down by the big day I just know that's not realistic and so with less than six months to go I am going to focus on getting into shaping and feeling good by April 13th...and hopefully still slim down a little!

Last Friday we sent out our save the dates to family and friends. We went with a Cherry Blossom design since our wedding will take place during Washington, DC's Cherry Blossom Festival. We used a postcard template from Vistaprint and customized it to our liking. I had bought a Groupon from Vistaprint over the summer so we got an amazing deal on the cards and even had enough left over to buy an address stamp which was a huge help. My other favorite part of the save the dates were the cherry blossom stamps! We actually bought these in the spring when they were limited edition at the Post Office and I think they were the perfect subtle touch to tie everything together.

Our save the date picture!

Next up on our to-do list is marriage preparation classes at the church which begin this Thursday. We're also planning to buy P's tux and finalize invitation designs over the next month. With less than six months to go, the to-do list is getting longer but it is fun to start finalizing the details!

1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS