Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! I am very excited for 2013, for obvious reasons!

I was hoping to share some pictures from our snowy Christmas in Ohio but I sadly took none. I caught a nasty stomach virus on Christmas Eve and spent most of Christmas Day in bed - it was as miserable as it sounds. P was also suffering from a head cold so were both under the weather. Most of our visit was spent relaxing and getting better while enjoying the snow. We left Ohio last Friday and unfortunatley left his dad with my stomach bug and his mom with his cold.

We had a low key weekend of continued recooperation and unpacking. On Sunday we got to have brunch with Matt who was in town for a quick visit from NYC. P will be going up to NYC next month for his bachelor weekend and we realized I won't see Matt again until the wedding rehearsal - so crazy!

Our NYE was also low key. In the past we have had amazing nights ringing in the new year at the Newseum, DC bars, and friends homes. This year, especially since we were both on the mend, we opted to go out for a late lunch and stayed in to watch Netflix and sip wine (me) and beer (P) while we waited for the countdown. It was nice to be cozied up on the couch with Calvin as we counted down to midnight. The result was that we both woke up on New Year's Day with more energy and less fuzziness than we have in recent years.

I am looking forward to 2013 and all of the memories that will be made this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS