Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catching Up

We had a great weekend in DC and I'm still trying to catch up on sleep. This is another random post mostly recapping the weekend and week/weekend ahead.

  • Last night was the Decemberists concert at Merriweather. They were AMAZING live. If you ever have a chance to catch them, I highly recommend it. We were in the pit and had such a great view, especially of the lead singer, Mr. Colin Meloy!
I love Colin Meloy!
  • If you're ever in DC on a Friday in the summer, check out jazz in the sculpture garden. It is a fun, relaxing way to kick off the weekend and enjoy pitchers of beer or sangria with friends.
  • I am so excited to go to Philadelphia this weekend! Our friends Kyle and Donavan are getting married on Friday outside of the city and then P and I will spend the rest of the weekend in the city exploring. Although some would disagree, I think Philly is an awesome city to visit and live. It is a special place to P and I and we always look forward to spending time there.
Me and P in Philly in July 2009
  • On Friday night we tried the Spanish tapas restaurant, Oyamel, with our friends Nisha and Mike (their wedding is in LA in October). The table was unanimously disappointed with the food. Something just didn't taste right. The traditional margaritas were good but the special Oyamel margarita with salt foam tasted like ocean water. We will not be going back.
  • We're seeing these guys in August at Wolf Trap. It is my sixth time seeing them and I'm just as excited as the first time. I think P has lost some of his enthusiasm for them (he's on round seven or eight), but they always put on a great show.
  • Matt is coming! He moved to California from DC but will be staying with us while in town for work. He and P have known each other since high school and he's been such a great friend to us both. I'm looking forward to catching up with my other reality tv junkie.
  • Calvin's birthday is this week! We're not sure the exact day, but we know he was born in mid-June. It's hard to believe that he is already four years old. He is such a sweet puppy and I'm so thankful to have him.
The birthday boy
  • I'm headed here in July for a week long conference and am super excited that P will be able to join me for part of the week.
  • Finally, since Father's Day is this weekend I wanted to give a special shout out to my dad! He's an amazing guy and loves his daughters unconditionally. I'm so glad he is in my life and am always grateful for his love and support. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS