Monday, June 27, 2011

Checking In

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been almost a week since the last update, I worked a couple of long days last week and by the time I got home, a computer was the last thing I wanted to look at.

I left work early last Friday to spend some quality time with Aubrey in Lancaster, PA. We spent a solid 3+ hours at Babies R Us preparing her baby registry and learning about all the things the little one will need. By 7pm we were exhausted, collapsed on her sofas and ordered pizza. As usual we put on a movie but barely watched it as we were chatting the most of the time, it reminded me of our days of sharing a room on Cherry Lane in State College.

On Saturday I headed back south (with a quick trip to the outlets first) and met up with Allison in Maryland for lunch. It was a beautiful day and we had a delicious lunch at Nick's Fish House and Grill on the water. It was so good to see her (and her growing belly)! After a quick nap upon returning to DC, P and I headed to dinner at Masa 14 - we love that place! We then walked 17 blocks for frozen yogurt and it was well worth it. Since we were in the area we walked over to E Street Cinema to see the Conan O'Brien documentary and laughed so hard. It was so good. I'm not sure if it's being shown nationwide, but if it's playing near you, go see it!

After a solid 3 mile run on Sunday morning, I had a very productive day of grocery shopping, budgeting, and long overdue spring cleaning. It always feels good to declutter and reorganize.

Even though this is going to be a long work week, it ends with a 3-day weekend and Fourth of July! I love everything about the Fourth - fireworks, hot dogs, patriotism, and how alive this city comes. I can't wait to walk to the National Mall next Monday and help celebrate our great country's birthday. Tomorrow brings double excitement as I get to have lunch with my dad since he'll be in the area for work and then dinner with two of my favorite ladies, Jess and Amanda!

I'll leave you with a picture of where P and I were on this day last year......
Enjoying beers in Munich, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS