Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Happy March....only 8 days late!

Here are some random Thursday thoughts and ramblings for this spring-like day:

  • This post would not be happening if it wasn't for one of my favorites who begged me for a new post - shout out to my girl Erin!
  • We're moving! The woman who owns the condo we've been renting the past two years has decided to sell. Don't worry my fellow Washingtonians, we're not leaving our beloved District. We're hoping to stay in the Logan Circle neighborhood but we are also open to Dupont, Columbia Heights, Woodley Park, and Georgetown. While I'm sad to leave our cute English basement digs I am excited for the possibility of a bigger kitchen and closet space!
  • This week I have finally been hitting the gym like a girl with two good knees and have been feeling pretty good. Although I have to admit that I had convinced myself it would be a breeze working out again and that I simply needed to build up the strength in my knee - I sort of forgot that the rest of my body would be out of shape after not working out for 8+ weeks.
  • After seeing these Baked Oatmeal Square Bars on another blog over the weekend I just knew I had to try them. I used dried cranberries, almonds, and substituted the oil with apple sauce. Not only did eliminating the oil make it healthier, I think the apple sauce gave it a nice extra kick of flavor. These have been great to grab in the morning for breakfast.
  • I gave up candy for Lent and can honestly say I have not had a single craving in the past few weeks. It's amazing how quickly your body adjusts to eliminating certain foods.
  • P just informed me there will be a House Hunters spin-off this fall on HGTV called House Hunters: Where Are They Now? I am so excited for this and will definitely be tuning in!
Like usual, I'm so happy tomorrow is Friday!

1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS