Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Brush N Blush

Last Friday night my friend Jess and I headed to Brush N Blush in Georgetown for an evening of painting and drinking wine. I had heard about similar places around the country and was excited when I discovered there was one in Georgetown.

The store/studio is located off of a side street in Georgetown. The studio had an upper and lower level with the upper level fitting about 12-14 people and the lower level appeared to fit well over 20 people. I didn't get a good count but I estimate there were about 12 people in the class on Friday night. Each person had a small easel set up with their blank canvas, an apron, a plate with the paint colors we would need, and brushes. Jess and I brought a bottle of wine and cheese & crackers to share over the two hour class. At 7pm the instructor turned on Coldplay and the class began.

Below is a very small preview of the painting that Jess and I learned to paint.


I was a little intimidated since the painting appeared to be fairly complex but I also looked forward to having a seasonal painting to bring home. Our instructor did a good job of taking us step by step and walking around the room to give tips and feedback.

Jess was excited to get started!


With my finished product


Jess and I with our masterpieces

Jess and I had such a great time and both agreed that we would love to go back. We think it would be fun to get a bigger group of our girlfriends together for a class. It would be really interesting to see just how different each our paintings would be! If you're looking for something different to do, check out your local area to see if they offer a similar class. I promise you will have tons of fun and get to take a painting you created home!

1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS