Monday, November 19, 2012

You Know You're a Grown Up When

Lately a few things have occured that have made me realize I'm officially a grown up. While the thought is terrifying and unbelieveable at times since I often feel like a 12 year old on the inside, it has become a reality. So here is the start of my "You Know You're a Grown Up When" list:
  1. Your furniture comes already assembled. This is actually a pretty COOL thing about being a grown up. (And the fact that I think this is cool could easily be its own item on the list). A few weeks ago P and I ordered two new (small) pieces of furniture after previously assembled furniture starting falling apart. When we got the notice that one of the pieces had been delivered I fully prepared myself for an evening of screwdrivers and crappy instructions. Instead after 10 minutes of careful manipulation, our beautiful new bookshelf was out of the box and ready to be filled.
  2. You host Thanksgiving. Yep, that's right, we are hosting Thanksgiving in an 800 square foot apartment. Fortunately there will only be seven of us total - me, P, his parents, my mom, and my sisters, but it still feels like a huge undertaking. I have been scrambling around the past two weeks making sure I have the right ingredients and table linens.
  3. See "table linens" from #2. That's VERY grown-up.
  4. You struggle to come up with a Christmas wish list. P and I have entered a period where if we want something, like a new book or sweater or whatever, we just buy it. But in general there just isn't a lot of stuff that I "need" anymore. It was easier to compile extensive wish lists when I was in college or just began working. I think it is especially hard this year with our wedding being less than five months away; I feel guilty asking family for gifts when they are all already contributing so much to the big day.
I can only imagine how many more of these "grown up" things will come my way over the coming months....like getting married!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS