Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Five!


 
I missed the Friday Five last week so I'm back at it again!
 
1. After a brief hiatus from cooking (we've had a lot of dinner plans and weeknight activities lately), I whipped up the No Bean Smokey Chili from Newlywed in the North and it was so good. It had just the right amount of kick and I was surprised to like a chili without beans so much. They hubby loved it and had more than one helping which is the best thumbs up I can get for any meal.
 
2. I stumbled across this Christmas Pledge earlier this week and really love the concept of getting all of the stressful and "crappy" (their words, not mine) stuff done before December 1st (except decorating the tree!) so that you can really enjoy and celebrate the season and true meaning of Christmas. I know I won't get all of my Christmas shopping done by December 1st but I've already started some and will definitley order our Christmas cards before then.
 
3. I am looking forward to another weekend filled with family and friends! Tomorrow my husband, sisters, dad, step-mom, and I are going to the Navy vs. Hawaii football game at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. We got the tickets for my dad back in August as a birthday present and are excited the game is finally here. Then on Sunday I'm heading up to Pennsylvania to spend time with my grandma before staying the night at my bestie and goddaughter's house.
 
4. Do you watch Scandal? It is so good this season.
 
5. I think the cold weather is here to stay. I even heard rumors of chance for snow next Wednesday! Crazy!
 
Hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I had a feeling you watched it! Hope you come down next month so we can discuss!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the link up! So glad I found your blog. I also live in DC! Really hoping we don't get snow next week. I am already frozen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love finding other DC bloggers!

      Delete
  3. Scandal is my fav! Don't you love all the little DC tidbits that are thrown in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saturday was great! Thank you, again...Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS