Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Birthday

Yesterday was my 26th birthday. I do not feel old(er) but have been more reflective about growing up. So much has changed in the last five years and even in the last year. All of the changes have been positive and exciting, but it's still shocking to me how fast time flies since graduating college. I'm sure once I get married, have kids, and do more grown up things it will go by even faster. This year I'm going to make an effort to savor the days and soak in the memories.

I am so grateful for the amazing friends who celebrated my birthday this year. Here's a quick recap of the multi-day celebrations:

  • Friday, Sept 23rd: P treated me to dinner at Masa 14 and a Head and the Heart concert at the 930 Club
  • Saturday, Sept 24th: We went to the Mighty Pint to watch Penn State football with LOTS of friends and beer
  • Monday, Sept 26th: P and I had a mini date night and attempted to find a birthday present (I thought I wanted a leather jacket but after several failed attempts to find one, am rethinking it)
  • Tuesday, Sept 27th: Our amazing friends Kyle and Donavan (remember their wedding?) had us over for dinner. We had such a good time catching up and drinking wine. Donavan also baked a killer pumpkin cheesecake!
  • Wednesday, Sept 28th: I only worked half of a day and after a birthday nap I was able to get a four mile run in. P treated me to dinner at Circa and cupcakes from Whole Foods.
It was a perfect way to celebrate my birthday. I'm looking forward to 26 and have a feeling it's going to be one of the best years yet!

My 21st birthday at Penn State. I thought it was appropriate
since yesterday marked the 5th anniversary of turning 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS