Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 Goals

It is that time of year to reflect on what we achieved over the past year and what we are hoping to accomplish in the upcoming year.

Last year I shared my 2014 goals and I think I did pretty good:
1. Live in the moment - while I did improve in this area, it is still an ongoing struggle for me. I still find myself stressing out about things out of my control.
2. Read 20 Books - I actually read 28 books!!
3. Continue to improve my health - this year I ran a 10K, 5K, and continued to work out with my trainer twice a week.
4. Watch movies on my "must see" list - I did better than I thought I would. Early in the year I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy with P and recently watched Breakfast at Tiffanys.
5. Travel and Explore - well we certainly did our fair share of traveling this year (San Francisco, Kiawah Island, Charleston, Denver, Outer Banks, Europe), but we did not explore our own area as much as I had hoped. Hopefully this is something we can do this year.


Here are my goals for 2015:
1. Eat healthier - this is something that I am always striving to do. So while not a whole lot will change come January 1st, I hope to be more consistent in the choices I make.
2. Read 30 books - it was so nice to turn off the TV and unplug the phone/laptop to dive into more books this year.
3. Declutter and buy less - with a move coming up this spring the decluttering should happen pretty naturally. While we are hoping to move into a bigger space, my goal is that we don't fill it up quickly with stuff just because we have the extra room.
4. Plan one new date night each month - P has another trial this year which means there will be lots of late nights coming up and travel. In order for us to stay connected, my goal is to plan a date each month doing something new - whether it is trying a new restaurant, exploring a new museum, etc.
5. Live in the moment - a repeat from last year but something that is important to me to continue to improve. I want to be present to all things in my life which includes not rushing things, worrying less, and trusting God's plan.


What are your 2015 goals or resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS