Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Five!

Happy Friday! Sorry for the silence the past week. Unfortunately we had to travel back to Ohio last weekend after the passing of P's grandmother. She had been in and out of the ICU over Christmas so we were all prepared but it was still very hard nonetheless. P and his family are finding great comfort in knowing that she is at peace and reunited with her husband. I'm very grateful that I got to spend time with Elsie over the nine years that I knew her and plan to keep her legacy going by making her Derby Pie for many years to come.

Let's move on to this week's Friday Five!

//1// Last night I made this recipe from Skinnytaste and oh.my.god was it good. Not only will it fulfill any craving for mexican food you may have, but it is high in protein and low in fat. I am pretty excited to have leftovers for lunch today.

//2// For Christmas I got a Le Creuset dutch oven and am itching to try some new recipes with it. What are your favorite dutch oven recipes?



//3// I just finished the book called Us by David Nicholls.  While at times it was a very slow read, it shared interesting insights on relationships - between spouses, with children, and with parents. I would definitely recommend checking it out!

//4// Some of my favorite t.v. shows are coming back this month. I'm most excited about The Americans on FX. P and I just love this show about two Russian spies living in DC during the 1980s. It is such a well written show and always keeps us on our toes.

//5// I'm leaving work a little early today to head up to Pennsylvania for the weekend. P has to work all weekend so it is the perfect time for me to visit with Aubrey and her kids and my dad's side of the family.

I can't wait for lots of play time and cuddles with these two!



Hope you have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Found your blog through the link up! I'm a fellow PSU fan myself so obviously instant connection :) I also got a Dutch Oven for Christmas and I've cooked some delicious chili in it so far but that's about it. I can't wait to use it more though because it is so versatile. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to find your blog through the link up! I use my Le Creuset for just about everything....pot roast, soup, braised beef with hilopites (anything braised really), stews, roasted chicken. You'll love it!! Hope you enjoy the last of the weekend and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made that Skinnytaste recipe a few weeks ago...we both liked it the first night, but for some reason got distracted and didn't eat the leftovers :( We watch the Americans too...glad I saw your post I forgot it was coming back this month :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS