Thursday, August 18, 2011

Project Runway




While I love all kinds of reality television, Project Runway has always been my favorite and still is. I think the reason I've continued to tune in for nine seasons (and counting) is that there is an instant connection to fashion. I can't taste or smell the food they make on Top Chef and I can't relate to the men and women on shows like the Bachelor. But the minute I see an outfit on Project Runway I know right away if it's something I like. I can compare designers and decide to myself (or out loud) if I would actually wear or buy their outfits.

Then there are the judges! Who doesn't love Tim Gunn's catchphrase: "designers make it work." Michael Kors has the sassiest comments. He once quipped, "She looks like a transvestite flamenco dancer at a funeral" (and she really did). Nina Garcia is more blunt and a bit of a hard ass, but she challenges the designers. And of course there is Heidi Klum. She is genuine with the designers and sends everyone off with a cheery "auf wiedershen." Plus her ageless good looks and endless legs help me to convince P to sit through a few episodes each season.

Even though P is not a big fan, I've been fortunate enough to have two friends who also appreciates the shows fabulousness. First was Matt. While the show lost him when they moved from Bravo to Lifetime, he was always ready with a good comment (or ten) on each week's outfits. Sorry for putting that out there Matt!. And through it all has been my girl Jenny. We first discovered our shared passion for Project Runway soon after I started working. In the past four years we have enjoyed countless Friday recaps in person and through bulleted emails. Now that we are both done with school we will finally get to watch the finale together this fall!

I am watching this week's episode as I type and OH.MY.GOD two designers have chosen the same fabric! This is going to be good......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS