Monday, August 1, 2011

re: Stacks

Happy Monday! I can already tell it is going to be a long week. Mainly because I have to work all 5 days, which is something I have not done since June.

This past weekend, P, Calvin, and I went to Norfolk and Richmond to visit family. We got to Norfolk around lunchtime and spent most of the afternoon lounging in the pool and catching up with my dad and Sheila. We went to dinner at a great restaurant in historic Portsmouth called Cafe Europa. Everything we ordered was delicious! On Saturday morning Meredith joined us for breakfast and to celebrate dad's birthday.

After the gift opening, P, Calvin, and I headed to Richmond to spend time with P's sister Elizabeth and Calvin's brother, Scout (they're from the same litter). Elizabeth and I spent the afternoon looking at wedding dresses for her. She recently got engaged to a great guy named Matt and I am so excited to be her maid of honor! Elizabeth had already narrowed down her top picks at two different stores and of course looked stunning in all of them! The three of us headed to downtown Richmond for dinner and then to the Bon Iver concert at The National (the title of this post is one of my favorite Bon Iver songs). I cannot say enough about the concert and the venue; they were both incredible. Bon Iver surpassed every expectation I had for the show. Justin, the lead singer, is just so talented. He sold out two shows at the 930 Club here in DC and I was tempted to press my ear to the door tonight just to get another chance to hear him live. On Sunday we went to mass and brunch then took a quick visit to see Elizabeth and Matt's reception venue. It looks awesome and I cannot wait for the festivities next July!

Matt and Elizabeth on NYE
I should mention that Calvin got to spend his time in Norfolk chasing birds and squirrels and chasing Scout around in Richmond. He was a happy dog and tuckered out by the time we got home yesterday.

This week we are going to see Yeasayer at the 930 Club and then will be spending the weekend with P's parents who will be in town for a conference. Hope everyone has a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS