Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fantasy Football

Last night I participated in my first Fantasy Football Draft. P and I are in a league with a group of friends (4 other couples) so we had a fun night filled with pizza, beer, and some smack talking. I was pretty intimidated since I didn't get a chance to research and prepare as much as I had wanted to. Although I'm not even sure how much the research or preparation would have helped me.

While I based most of my picks purely on numbers, there were a few that I picked for other reasons. My first pick was Calvin Johnson simply because his name is Calvin like our dog (he happened to be pretty highly ranked which was an added bonus). Other picks were based on looks (helloooo Eric Decker), where the player went to college (Robbie Gould is a Penn State alumni who I've actually met), the current team they played for (I thought it would be fun to have a couple of Redskins), or where they grew up (Terrence West is from MD and went to a local college).

My overall grade was a C+ which I was a little bummed about. P did reassure me that the grades don't really mean anything and we won't know who has a good team until the season gets started. I did find some comfort in hearing that our friend Jeff thinks I have fantastic wide receivers (this is a big compliment since Jeff takes his draft seriously - he had print outs, highlighters, and red pens!).

So for the next 12+ weeks I will be spending Sundays watching the NFL Red Zone and checking stats on Yahoo.


2 comments:

  1. I draft the exact same way! Ok, who went to Clemson? Who is on the Seahawks? Ohhh, love his name and he's cute too so... added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely makes the whole draft process more fun! =)

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS