Monday, September 8, 2014

Outer Banks Wedding

This past Thursday, P & I traveled to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for his dad's cousin's daughter's wedding (did you follow that?). Kristen sang at our wedding and at Patrick's sisters wedding so we were all so excited to see her marry Andrew. I was honored to be asked to do a reading at the wedding and Patrick's sister was a bridesmaid. We had beautiful weather all weekend and it was the perfect backdrop for their special day. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

We went for a nice, long (and hot) walk on the beach on Friday with P's parents

After the rehearsal, I knew I wanted to wear my hair up so it wasn't blowing in my face while I gave my reading. I somehow created this updo which I was very happy with. But I know there's no way I could recreate it again!
Mr. & Mrs. Nuss! 

My brother and sister-in-law!

My beautiful sister-in-law. We affectionately call ourselves E Squared =)


My handsome date.

Unfortunately our drive home was not easy. We were delayed due to terrible traffic and ended up getting a flat tire (there was a huge nail in the tire and it was not repairable).  After having the tire changed by roadside assistance and starting our long, slow trip home we both agreed we would feel more comfortable getting a new tire before making the 70+ mile trip home. We stopped at a Merchants Tire in Fredericksburg, VA and are so thankful for the amazing customer service there. It was after 5:30pm by the time we got home (we had left at 8:45am and it was only supposed to be a  4.5 hour drive). Our delayed arrival meant Calvin had to spend two extra nights in the kennel and P missed a work meeting. Despite the frustrations, we are thankful to all be home safely.

This weekend also marked another very important event....my little sister's birthday!! I am so excited for what this year has ahead for her and proud of the woman she has become. Happy Birthday Buddy!! I love you!

I cannot believe my baby sister is 24!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS