Friday, August 23, 2013

Finally Friday!

Hooray for Friday! This week felt exceptionally long to me. Maybe I was still catching up from all the fun I had last weekend. Today I'm doing another installment of "5 on Friday."
 


1. I am very much looking forward to a low-key weekend with my husband. I feel like we have been going non-stop the past four or five weekends so it will be nice to sleep in and relax. We have plans for a dinner and movie date tomorrow and maybe a bike ride to Georgetown on Sunday to watch their 3# men's soccer team.

2. This summer I have been enjoying the Peach Greeen Tea Lemonade at Starbucks. It is so refreshing and a great way for this non-coffee lover to get a caffine boost.
3. About a year ago I discovered the Tide Washing Machine Cleaner packs and they have become my new best friend. Living with a very hairy dog that requires baths and towels to be cleaned regularly also means our washing machine can sometimes be left a little hairy and not looking so clean. After each dog towel wash, I run an empty cycle with one of these cleaners before washing our clothes. They keep the washing machine clean and smelling fresh.



 4. My new favorite album is Modern Vampire's of the City by Vampire Weekend. P and I are obsessed with this album. Whenever I start listening to my Spotify playlists at work I find myself always going straight to this album. If you haven't checked it out list, I highly recommend you do!



5. I have to take a minute to gush about my husband. About a month ago I lost my favorite bracelet that he had given me as a birthday present last year. I probably wore that bracelet everyday since he had gifted it to me. It's a very simple, silver bracelet with the word "love" but everytime I looked down at it I thought of him. We have searched high and low for it at my office, in purse/bags, under dressers, and in the laundry basket. I even pulled out all of the clothes in my dressers this week and went through everything in hopes it had accidentally fallen into an open drawer. Yesterday my super sweet and very generous husband surprised me with a replacement bracelet! It may sound strange but my wrist feels so much better having this bracelet around it again.

Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You stole my favorite drink! Everyday at 2 pm... at Starbucks getting a Peach Green Tea, two extra pumps of peach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Vampire Weekend! I heard an interview with them yesterday and they said with this CD they were trying to be different but that everyone knew it was them as soon as they heard the song! They just have their own distinct sound! So sweet of your hubby for getting you a new bracelet! I have a "love" necklace that my hub gave to me for v-day this year!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS