Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ribbon Wreath


With college football kicking off in less than three weeks this ribbon wreath is perfect for representing your favorite team.

I was inspired to make this wreath when I saw a fellow Facebooker (guilty of Facebook stalking) post her completed version last week. She made one that half represented Penn State and half represented the University of Michigan which I thought was a fun idea for a divided Big Ten home. Lucky for me our house is all Penn State so my ribbon wreath could be filled with blue and white.

There are a couple of variations of how to make this wreath. The tutorial I used is here. Other tutorials can be found here and here.

The total cost for the styrofoam wreath, ribbon, and push pins was about $35 but I had plenty of ribbon leftover. The fun part was picking out the ribbons. I love the touch of the football ribbon. It would have been fun to find a Penn State printed ribbon (I may add some if I can find Penn State ribbon during our upcoming trip to State College). Michaels did carry ribbon for local colleges and NFL teams. It took me less than two hours to completed, including cutting the ribbon.

Here is my finished wreath:


You can really do a lot of variations of this project. I think holiday themed ones for Halloween, Christmas, or 4th of July would be really cute. You could also add some embellishments (as seen in the tutorials) to really personalize your wreath. I definitely encourage you to try this easy craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS