Monday, September 9, 2013

Scenes from the Weekend


Hope everyone had a good weekend! Ours was pretty low key, just as I predicted. It consisted of cooking, the gym, football, and a few chores and errands. I don't have too many pictures mostly because they would just be of me and P on the couch, in sweatpants, watching football. But here are a few things I did capture:


After work on Friday I whipped up a batch of the pumpkin cookies I blogged about. I added chocolate chips to the second half of the batch and they were so delicious. This is definitely a new favorites fall recipe.
 
 
On my way home from the gym on Saturday morning I stopped at Whole Foods to pick up a few snacks for football watching. I couldn't resist scooping up these sunflowers. I love how they look in the Penn State glass bottle. Sunflowers and Penn State are two of my favorite things!
 

 Last night I made enchiladas for the first time. I was kind of surprised I had never made them before given how much P and I love Mexican food. I filled them with a mixture of sauted chopped onions, black beans, and cheese. I added a little cumin and 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce to the mixture to give it a little more flavor. They were delicious and I can't wait to enjoy leftovers for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS