Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Liebster Award


Last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award. This is an award given by fellow bloggers to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. This award is a great way to meet other bloggers and become more active in the blogging community. A special thank you to Lindsay at Life with the Rashids for the nomination!

Here are the rules for the nomination:
1. Link back to the person that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominator.
3. Choose 11 bloggers, each under 200 followers and nominate them for the award.
4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Contact your nominees and notify them of your nomination.

Lindsay asked:
1. If you could go back in time to one event, which event would you choose and why?
If I could go back in time to one event I think I would choose Woodstock. P and I love good music and I would have loved to see all of the great musicians who performed that weekend especially Janis Joplin, Joe Crocker, The Who, The Band, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and  Young, and of course, Jimi Hendrix. I'm not sure I would have loved all the mud but it would have been worth it.
 
2. If you could be any super hero, who would you choose to be?
This one really has me stumped. I guess Superman because I could fly to different places around the world really fast.....that feels like a really lame answer!
 
3. What is your favorite book?
To Kill a Mockingbird or Wuthering Heights.
 
4. What is something on your bucket list?
Traveling to Alaska. I was born in the Aleutian Islands of Alaska but obviously don't remember anything about it. P and his family spent two weeks in Alaska when he was in college and the pictures are breath taking.
 
5. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
I think my greatest accomplishment to date would be earning my Bachelor and Master's degrees. I still get such a sense of pride when I glance up at my degrees and think of the hard work that went into earning them and the doors that opened to me because of them.
 
6. What is one thing you wish you were better at?
I wish I was a better swimmer. There seems to be something so calming about doing laps in a pool.
 
7. Who is your favorite blogger?
I have so many! Of my favorite bloggers at this moment is Young House Love. They have such creative, budget-friendly ideas for home decor.
 
8. What is your favorite blog post? Link back so we can read it :)
THIS is my favorite blog post. Hands down.
 
9. If you could be any animal for a day, what would you choose to be and why?
I would be a dog so I could communicate with our dog Calvin. I would just love to know what he's thinking in that little head of his!
 
10. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I hope to be living in a house (not an apartment!) with P and hopefully one or two little P's (or Emily's). I hope that we are all healthy and happy in life.
 
11. What do you hope to accomplish through blogging?
I hope to continue to use blogging as a way document and share my life through words and pictures.
 
 
So I'm going to break the rules a little bit for #3. Instead of listing 11 up and coming bloggers, I'm only going to list 6 and then list 5 of my favorite blogs.
 
The 6 blogs I nominate are:
1. Caitlyn @ Home Sweet Ruby 
2. Stephanie @ Newlyweds North
3. Sara Elizabeth @ Simply Sara Elizabeth
4. Emily @ Brown Eyed Girl
5. Caroline @ Sweet Caroline
 
And here are 5 of my favorite 200+ follower blogs:
 
Finally, my 11 questions for the nominees if they choose to answer (please leave a comment with your responses so we can read them!):
1. Where is your favorite place to travel to?
2. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. Salty or sweet?
5. What other profession do you wish you could be or think would be fun?
6. Where do you see yourself in five years?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. Who are your top three favorite bloggers?
9. What TV show is your guilty pleasure?
10. Beach or mountains?
11. What is your all time favorite meal?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding!

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I am so touched! Here are my answers! :)

    1. Where is your favorite place to travel to? I love traveling to the Jersey Shore. I've been going there my whole life and have many happy memories there. It's one of my happiest places!
    2. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? That's a tough one! Right now, I really like Ben & Jerry's Banana Peanut Butter Greek Frozen Yogurt.
    3. What is your favorite movie? Wedding Crashers. My roommate and I must have watched it a hundred times freshman year. I know almost every line but it makes me laugh each time I see it.
    4. Salty or sweet? Salty!
    5. What other profession do you wish you could be or think would be fun? If I could be anything else, I'd either be a photographer, a graphic designer or an author. I guess that's why I blog!
    6. Where do you see yourself in five years? I struggle with knowing where I'll be in 5 years, but I know that I want to be happy, still madly in love with my fantastic husband, enjoying laughs with my friends and family - and hopefully a bit wiser.
    7. What is your favorite season? Fall! There is nothing better than fall, especially in Pennsylvania. Fall in Virginia is nice, but there are many days that I long for a nice Pennsylvania fall day.
    8. Who are your top three favorite bloggers? This is easy! EMILY (duh!), my bestie Amanda and Jessica, who I learned about through Amanda.
    9. What TV show is your guilty pleasure? The Voice, or America's Got Talent.
    10. Beach or mountains? Beach. See #1.
    11. What is your all time favorite meal? My favorite "everyday" meal is pizza and salad. I'm a simple girl. The best meal I ever ate was in Paris and the receipt hangs on the wall in my parents' kitchen. I dream about that meal.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS