Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Checking In

It seems like every few weeks I have a blog lapse and have to do one of these checking in posts....oops.

I think my excuse this time is very valid. Last week I was focused on P's departure and spending as much quality time with him before he left for 4.5 weeks and family/friends will always trump the blog. Fast forward to Sunday when we were enjoying brunch at a local favorite, Logan Tavern (I was having their California benedict in honor of his month away) when he got an email saying he didn't need to come to San Fran until Saturday!

My first thought: YAAAAY! An extra six days together!

My second thought: What the hell?! Who tells someone less than 24 hours before their flight to reschedule?! The type A part of my personality was freaking out but my heart was sooo happy to have more time together.

After we got home and P called the airline and hotel, we had a super relaxing afternoon of reading (The Husband's Secret is a MUST read) and playing Super Mario on Wii (we go through cycles of wanting to play, it's great couples therapy since you have to work together).


And here are a few more randoms and catching up:

//Tonight I'm meeting my Paris bestie (we studied abroad together during our MBA program) for HH. I cannot wait to hear about her recent engagement and all the wedding details. Yay!

//While I'm definitely going to be sad to drop P off at the airport on Saturday morning, I'm very thankful my older sister lives nearby and can come over to keep me company. She's also having me over for Super Bowl watching on Sunday and we have a big Valentine's Day weekend planned together!

//In addition to my upcoming trip to San Francisco to visit P at the end of February, we are headed to Charleston and Kiawah Island at the end of March for a friends wedding. We'll have about 24 hours to explore Charleston before going to Kiawah Island for the wedding. That being said, any suggestions for things we must do/see/eat while there??

//P and I had a sweet date on Saturday night. We went to Farmers, Fishers, and Bakers at the Georgetown waterfront. While the food was mediocre (we were disappointed because it's normally good), the beverages were great and the conversation even better. Even though it was freezing we took a walk along the waterfront to where we took pictures on our sunny & warm wedding day, walked around some of the shops, and then ended the date with cupcakes at Baked & Wired.

Date night!


Hope everyone has been having a good one and those in the south getting hit with the latest winter storm stay warm and safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS