Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Look Back on 2013

2013 will undoubtedly be a year to remember for us. Here are some highlights from our year!

January
I kicked off the year with trips to Pennsylvania for my first dress fitting. We also mailed our wedding invitations!



February
P and I had our bachelor/bachelorette parties the same weekend. His was in NYC and mine was in DC. My amazing bridesmaids, mom, and MIL threw me a gorgeous bridal shower!

At my beautiful bridal shower.

My favorite girls!
March
Unfortunately March brought the loss of my dear Grandfather. We also had a pipe burst in our apartment building that caused a lot of damage to our apartment and forced us to live in a hotel for 10 days!

My sweet, handsome grandpa
Water damage to our bedroom
Apartment living
April
Of course April was my favorite month this year when we became Mr. & Mrs. and then spent an amazing week in Jamaica on our honeymoon!

On of our favorite pictures!

Soaking up the sun

May
We kicked off our first month of marriage with lots of fun at the Sweetlife concert in Maryland, celebrating my sister's graduation from her master's program, and a trip to NYC for P's 30th birthday!

Sweetlife festival!

Congrats Mere!

Birthday boy with Manhattan skyline!
June
Life finally slowed down for us in June. Our big excitement was tracking down the Great Food Truck Race trucks in Arlington, Virginia. We even made an appearance on the finale episode when it aired in the fall!

The winning truck!
July
In July we celebrated the 4th of July at a Nationals game and on the rooftop of P's law firm, we took our annual trip to Baltimore to see the Red Sox play the Orioles, and we bought a new car!

Red Sox game!
August
We were busy this month! P started a new job at a general practice firm, we saw the Book of Mormon at the Kennedy Center, attended the beautiful wedding of our friends Jess & Joe in Virginia, and I had a fun filled weekend in DC with my best friend Aubrey & goddaughter Taylor!

Kennedy Center!
Jess & Joe's wedding!

DC fun with Aubrey & Taylor!
September
September was another busy month for us! Family came to town for a Nationals game, I traveled to Florida for a work trip, we spent a cold, rainy weekend at Penn State, I ran a 5K, and celebrated my 28th birthday!

Nats game with my cousin!

In front of the Allen Street Gates at Penn State, our favorite spot on campus

Crafty Bastards with my sister on my birthday
October
P and I both worked a lot of long days in October. But I still managed to squeeze in a trip to the pumpkin patch with Aubrey & Taylor, P and I celebrated our six month wedding anniversary, and we cheered as the Red Sox won the World Series!

Farm fun with Taylor!
November
This month my mom, sisters, and I celebrated my older sister's 30th birthday at a winery, we cheered on Navy football with my sisters, dad, and step-mom, and had a nice Thanksgiving in Richmond.

Perfect fall day with my mom and sisters

Sisters and I at the Navy football game
December
We have spent the past month attending holiday gatherings and celebrating Christmas with lots of friends and family!

At P's holiday party

First Christmas has husband & wife!


I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us! I hope everyone as a safe and fun NYE! See you in 2014!




2 comments:

  1. Excellent review. Thanks and have a great 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a great year for you! have a good 2014 dear! I found you from five on friday and i can't wait to read more of your blog :) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS